Before you begin integration, make sure you have:
- User Access to Google Analytics
- Admin access to Call Sumo
- The Call Sumo tracking script should be installed on your website.
- The Google Analytics Tracking Script should also be installed on your website.
- Google Analytics & Google AdWords should be synced and communicating.
- Lastly, Auto-tagging needs to be enabled in AdWords.
Steps for Google AdWords Integration
1. Add the Ad Extension tracking number as a call extension.
2. Select "Call reporting" to be On.
3. In Google AdWords, navigate to bulk operations and select Scripts.
4. Click the red button (“+SCRIPT”) to add a new script.
5. Copy the script provided by Call Sumo into the code section in AdWords. Name your script “Call Reporting.”
6. Authorize the script to run. Save and click Close.
7. From the list of scripts, add a schedule. Set it up to run hourly.
Key information to know regarding Call Sumo’s Google AdWords Integrations
- Only click-to-call dialed calls will be attributed as a call conversion in AdWords. If a call extension is manually dialed, the call will not count as a conversion in AdWords, nor will the keyword data be attributed.
- The script is scheduled to run hourly, creating a 1-2 hour delay for the campaign information to be attributed in the call log.
- The campaign data will not be attached to the event Call Sumo sends into Google Analytics.
- Call conversion goals must be preconfigured in AdWords in order for the call to be counted as an AdWords conversion.
- For tracking to work properly, we recommend not allowing Google to automatically create call extensions for you. See image below for guidance in disabling that setting:
Please refer to this article to set up your AdWords calls as a Goal in Analytics and a Conversion in AdWords